Welcome to "la Bensaudière" !
We are the Bensaude family, which in our case roughly means the people related to the offsprings of Jose Bensaude. That is quite a lot of people, and a suprisingly high proportion of them know each other. Maintaining the familly link is indeed a strong Bensaude tradition, and this site is a contribution to that tradition. See you soon !
- Bensaude news : weddings, births, birthdays, the latest progress of Bensaude children, Bensaude meet-ups... Your articles will be welcome, so go ahead and create an account so that you can publish them here. Anything Bensaude related is on-topic so feel free to express yourself : this blog is yours ! And if you have not yet had the inspiration for an article, please do register so that you can post comments to articles !
- The photo gallery : the Bensaudes in pictures, mostly at the annual Christmas meeting of picklefleish afficionados at Manette's.
- The Bensaude genealogy. The database also contains large amounts of Liotier and Sylla and other branches, but the average Bensaude should easily find enough data to satisfy his curiosity although the quest for roots never ends and I cannot garantee that you will not be left wanting more.
Family members who wish to participate directly in the building of the tree are welcome : I will supply credible candidates with a login and a password to edit the database through the web interface.
- Pictures of Manette's awesome Astruc family tree. The Astruc family genealogy, after Joseph Télèphe and Elie Aristide Astruc in 1875. Drawn by Roger and David Kohn. Finished on the first of January 1924. I thought this information would certainly be useful to genealogists and other researchers. This whole tree is in the process of being digitized as part of the Bensaude genealogy. This is a hell of a data entry job, but it is two-thirds complete as of October 2005.
- The life of Jose Bensaude translated to french by Olivier Bensaude. The original text was written in portuguese by Alfredo Bensaude. Both the portuguese version and an english version are available only on paper and a copy of each is in the hands of Olivier Bensaude. We would be very interested in having them in a digital form available online, but we have not yet commited the significant ressources necessary to this project. If you are willing to help, please do not hesitate to ask me.
- For the curious, traffic statistics are available.
- I would have loved to publish the recipe of the legendary Bensaude Picklefleish, but publication has been censored by Manette who does not want the secret to become public knowledge for now... So if you want to learn you'll have to ask Manette face to face !
Last updated in October 2005. This page may in a not too distant future link to more documents related to the Bensaude family... Stay tuned !
Send comments, suggestions, criticism, money and death threats to Jean-Marc Liotier.